This cake is so easy you wont’ believe it. It takes a bit more than half an hour from taking the bowl in which you’re going to mix the ingredients to taking the cake out from the oven. It looks nice and it tastes like heaven ; )
I made it with plums, but you can use other fruit: apricots, peaches, grapes, apple. Be creative. Here’s my recipe:
How to make the plum cake:
You will need:
- 2 eggs
- half a cup of white sugar
- half a cup of oil
- one cup and a half flour
- one teaspoon baking soda
- 4-5 plums
Psst! You can do this recipe with a mixer, but my suggestion is to use a wooden spoon. It’s just more fun. Don’t trust me – try it.
- Cut the plums in one finger thick slices.
- Pre-heat the oven to 185 C/ 360 F
- Beat the eggs with the sugar. Add the oil and mix some more. Sing a silly tune.
- Mix the baking soda in the flour.
- Start snowing the flour on top of the egg/sugar/oil mix. Mix some more. Continue adding flour until you get a creamy shiny texture.
- Put the soft dough in a tray, over a layer of cooking paper.
- Arrange the sliced plums on top of the dough.
- Bake for 25 min.
It’s ok if you share it with people you love. Also ok if you bake one for your new neighbor. Have a happy new week 🙂
Later Edit: Lovely OzzieFoodie (check out her cooking blog, it’s super interesting!) commented that after 25 minutes her cake was still uncooked in the middle. This can vary, depending on your oven and the baking mould you are using (more exactly how thick it is).
One thing I do to see if the cake is ready is to stick a spaghetti in the middle of the cake. If it comes out with dough – you should continue baking; if it’s dry, it’s done.
Another important thing is to put the cake in the well heated oven.