I wanted to make a fresh cherry cake the other day and I started looking for recipes, hoping I would find something new and interesting. It’s not that I wasn’t happy with what I found, but they all seemed a bit too complicated. And I wanted something speedy and tasty. This was ready in 30 minutes and I previously let the cherries bathe in sugar for an hour or so. I kept the juice and made a sirup.
What I did was just to adapt my super easy fruit cake recipe. I also used integral flour.
You will need:
- 2 eggs
- half a cup of sugar
- half a cup of melted butter (just microwave it for 40 seconds in a cup)
- one cup and a half integral flour
- the lemon peel from a lemon
- a handful of fresh cherries
- a teaspoon of baking powder
How to make the cake:
- Turn on the oven. Put it at 185 C or 365 F
- Mix the eggs with the sugar until creamy. Add the butter. Continue to mix until creamy again.
- Add lemon peel and continue to mix.
- Mix the baking powder in the flour and start adding flour little by little careful not to form lumps.
- Use what’s left on the cup where you melted the butter to grease a cake pan. I use a brush, it’s perfect for this. Add a bit of flour and start pretending you have a hoola hoop over your hips, while holding the pan. The result should be a flour covered pan : )
- Pour the dough in the pan – it should be thin, but not milky.
- Start decorating with cherries.
- Put into the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- When baked and still hot add the cherry sirup on top.
- Bon appetite! (Psst: Eat it with vanilla ice-cream, it’s beautiful!)