Have you ever spotted a dress, a coat, a jacket, what have you, loved it, had to have it, made it (or bought it), only to realize there is something terribly wrong with it, that will never allow you to wear it happily?
Maybe it’s too transparent, or maybe it clings too much, maybe it wrinkles like crazy, or maybe it makes your bottom look fat and your legs short. You love it, you hate it.
What do you do? Do you zip and bare? Do you keep it “just in case”? Do you give it away without thinking twice?
Here’s my list of unbearable discoveries made about garments I otherwise love:
- The length of the dress is perfect, but people can see your underwear if you walk too fast – do you wear fancy knickers and walk like a lady?
- The fabric is beautiful and itchy – is there a magic softener?
- The shirt is fantastic, but it wrinkles horribly the moment you put your bag on your shoulder – do you wear a clutch and try not to move too much all day?
- The pants are great, until you wash them the 15th time and they lose their perkiness – can they be saved?
- Everything is perfect, except it makes me look 3 sizes bigger – should this matter?
What about you? Do you have a love-hate relationship with the clothes you make? What annoys you? How do you deal with it?