29 Sep 2010 No Comments
This is one of the simplest way to recycle your fabric scraps. It takes seconds to make one and you can make as many as you want. it’s even easier to find uses for them afterwards: I made yoyo earrings, yoyo hairpins, put some on a t-shirt, made a pin – the possibilities are endless.
You will need:
- fabric scraps
- 1 cup or other shapes to make circles
- fabric scissors
- ear kissing music
- (optionally tea but I don’t recommend chocolate :)
How to make a yoyo ( the grand tutorial) – there are plenty awesome tutorials out there, but it’s so fun to make them i couldn’t help myself.
1. Wash, iron and cut your fabric in circles. Lightweight fabric works best, but do experiment with silk and even lace, to see the great possibilities of a fabric yoyo :) Also small prints work best, but don’t take it as a rule either.
2. Start sewing a small running stitch along the margins of the circles, bending them on the inside as you sew. Try to keep the stitches small and equal to make sure the fabric drapes nicely at the end.
3. Pull your thread and close the circle as tight as you can.
4. Secure with a stitch and you’re done. You can iron them afterwards if you want.