I made this super fast and easy pair of house pants the other day when I realized I had this cool fabric I was going to make a dress out of (some day), a fabric that I might get used to seeing on a weekly basis:)
Ok, let’s get over the long talk and explain how I did it.
- Take a pair of pants you fit comfortably into. Turn them inside out.
- Lay them on a flat surface and fold them outer seam on outer seam, so you will get the shape of the crotch. Should look something like this: |>.
- Take your fabric, preferably cotton or something comfortable to the skin, fold it in two and then in two again.
- Lay the folded pants on top and trace that |>shape. Cut 3-4 cm along the line. Even more if you want them loose.
- Then sew the outside of the pants (the |shape), then the inside of the legs. Sew the crotch last.
- Bend the waist margin inwards and sew. Thread elastic through there afterwards.
- Bend the leg openings inwards and sew that too.
- If you have some fabric left, sew a tube, turn inside out. Sew the middle of it on one side of the pants and tie a bow:)