Self Stitched September: Shorts

I entered Zoe’s Self Stitched September challenge with the goal of sewing more clothes, inventing new patterns and sewing things I didn’t sew before.

Last weekend I tried out a pattern for “formal shorts” as they put it. It was a disaster. After mending and cutting and puffing and adding I got something that looks more like a pair of bloomers. The intention was to wear them outside but the more I look at them the more they look like pjs. Long, long crafted pjs.

Today I modified the pattern to make them more wearable, but the version I got is still too puffy in the front for my intention. Since I wanted just to test the pattern and then eventually wear the pants around the house, I played a bit and made them bicolor:)

The irony of faith is that I kind of like them and I think I will wear them outside, despite their playfulness:)

To sum up:

Bad: Hours and hours wasted on a pattern that doesn’t make sense (at least on my body).
Good: I have two new pairs of pants! I made an almost perfect buttonhole. I modified a pattern and the result was better than the original.

Worth it.

Behold: