Happy New Year! I hope that 2017 will be better, kinder and more mindful for you and me both.
During the holidays I received a navy sweatshirt from a person I respect and admire a lot. The only thing is the sweatshirt is a bit (just a couple centimetres) too small for me at the waist and at the sleeve cuffs. I’d like to keep the sweatshirt and wear it as much as I can so that it would remind me of the beautiful person I’ve received it from, but I’d need to do some modifications.
For now, here’s what I am thinking about:
- Cutting the sleeves off and inserting a knitted panel. Either knitting the cuffs. Or inserting the panel at the bicep area. Or adding a fabric panel in the same way.
- Adding lace like this Anthropologie top.
- Cutting the bottom hem and the bottom of the sleeves and adding flanel shirt cuffs and buttons in the front, a bit like this shirt from Death by Elocution.
- Turning it into a cropped cardigan like Geneva’s bomber sweatshirt (A Pair and a Spare).
- Cutting the sleeves, bottom hem and neckline off and making it a workout crop?
Any suggestions or ideas? 🙂